WAT SAEK (วัดแสก)
Wat Saek or the Bright or Lustrous Monastery was located on the city island in the
western area of Ayutthaya in Pratu Chai Sub-district.

The site is only indicated on a
mid-19th century map and does not feature on Phraya
Boran Rachathanin's (PBR) map drafted in 1926, which shows only an empty space in
that area.

The monastery was situated on  the south bank of a canal longing the
Talaeng Kaeng
road
, also called Thanon Lao. Wat Saek was situated between Wat Takhe and Wat
Prasat.

There are no traces anymore visible of the monastery above ground level. Author
presumes this area was already cleared of temple ruins prior Phraya Boran Rachathanin's
arrival in Ayutthaya.  

Historical data about the monastery and its construction are unknown.

Wat Saek must have been approximately located in Geo. Coord.: 14° 21' 1.62" N, 100°
33' 5.46" E.
Text & maps by Tricky Vandenberg - April 2011
Updated April 2015
Detail of a 19th century map - map is orientated S-N
(Detail of a 19th century map - map is orientated S-N)