WAT TUEK NANG RAM (วัดตึกนางรำ)
Wat Tuek Nang Ram is a defunct temple once located on the city island in the
southwestern part of Ayutthaya in Pratu Chai sub-district, west of the
Somdet Phra Sri
Nakharin Park. The monastery is situated between Wat Maha Saman and Wat Phra
Ngam.

In situ is a mound covered in vegetation.

Its historical background and period of construction are not known.

The monastery is mentioned on
Phraya Boran Ratchathanin’s map drafted in 1926 and is
also found on a 1974 Fine Arts Department map and later maps.

The site is located in geographical coordinates: 14° 20' 41.97" N, 100° 32' 44.79" E.
Text & photographs by Tricky Vandenberg
Updated December 2013
View of the site of Wat Tuek Nang Ram
View of the site of Wat Tuek Nang Ram
Detail of Phraya Boran Rachathanin's map - Anno 1926
Detail of a 2007 Fine Arts Department GIS map
(Detail of Phraya Boran Rachathanin's map - Anno
1926)
(Detail of a 2007 Fine Arts Department GIS map -
Courtesy of the Fine Arts Department - 3th Region)
(View of the site of Wat Tuek Nang Ram)
(View of the site of Wat Tuek Nang Ram)
(View of the site of Wat Tuek Nang Ram)