|WAT TALUM PHUK (วัดตะลุมพุก)
|Text & photographs by Tricky Vandenberg - July 2009
Updated September 2020
|Wat Talum Phuk was located off the city island in the southern area of Ayutthaya in
Samphao Lom Sub-district. In situ is a brick mound.
The monastery is likely named after a small tree of species Randia uliginosa (Retz.) Poir
or Tamilnadia uliginosa (Retz.) Tirveng & Sastre in the Rubiaceae family.
Wat Talum Phuk was situated southeast of Wat Wihan Khian and east of Wat Phra Non.
There were no traces of any brickwork, although fragments of broken Buddha images
still can be found. It is a quite large site, with broken bricks embedded in the soil over a
Its historical background and period of construction are unknown.
The monastery is not mentioned on Phraya Boran Ratchathanin's map drafted in 1926,
neither on any Fine Arts Department maps and the site's identification cannot be
confirmed at present.
Wat Talum Phuk was located in geographical coordinates: 14° 20' 29.29" N, 100° 34'
|(Site view of the defunct Wat Talum Phuk)
|(Buddha image fragments in situ)
|(Scattered broken bricks in situ)