Wat Jingjok, or the Monastery of the House Lizard, was located on Ayutthaya’s city island in the city's central area in the Pratu Chai Sub-district. The monastery was situated northeast of Wat Khun Mueang Jai and south of Wat Noi Nang Hong.

There are no traces anymore visible of the monastery above ground level.

Historical data about the monastery and its construction are unknown.

The site is indicated on Phraya Boran Rachathanin's (PBR) map drafted in 1926 CE. PBR situates the temple east of Wat Khun Mueang Jai near a swampy area fed by a canal linking the now-defunct Khlong Pratu Khao Pluak (1) with Khlong Makham Riang (2).

The Fine Arts Department maps of 1957, 1974, 1993 and 2007 CE indicate Wat Jingjok.

The site was in geographical coordinates: 14° 21' 5.36" N, 100° 34' 16.39" E.


(1) Khlong Pratu Khao Pluak, or the ‘Canal of the Gate of Unmilled Rice’, was part of a waterway running through the middle of Ayutthaya from north to south. The canal, a shortcut in the oxbow of the Lopburi River, ran until the Chikun Bridge and continued to the Chinese water gate (Pratu Jin). It was filled up somewhere in the early 20th century.

(2) Khlong Makham Riang, or the Canal of the aligned Tamarind Trees, was before called Khlong Nai Kai. It is a still existent canal situated east on Ayutthaya's city island. The canal was a shortcut in the oxbow of the old Lopburi River. It has today its origin at Khlong Ho Ratana Chai below Wat Senasanaram and the Front Palace, and its mouth at the present Chao Phraya River, west of Phet Fortress. At the mouth was one of the eleven water gates of Ayutthaya called Pratu Nai Kai. The southern exit, which has today a water regulator, has been altered. The original mouth of the canal was about 170 metres more south, close to Pom Phet. Khlong Makham Riang is one of the three large canals running north to south, of which two still are in existence.