Wat Noi, or the Little Monastery, was situated off the city island in the northwestern area of Ayutthaya, in the Lum Phli Sub-district, and on what is today Ayutthaya’s electricity plant, adjacent to the main road leading from the Ayutthaya towards Sena.

The temple belonged to a cluster of temples, including Wat Sarari, Wat Khrut, Wat Surintharacha and Wat Phai Lom.

No traces remain of this monastery, although a small commemoration vihara has been built on the west side of the main road No 309 leading to Phukhao Thong, opposite the electrical plant.

The sala is called Luang Pho Jao Noi, or the Pavillion of the Reverend Father Little Prince. Although not confirmed, the Buddha image in the pavilion could have belonged to the former Wat Noi.

The temple was not mentioned on the Phraya Boran Rachathanin’s map of 1926 CE but indicated on a Fine Arts Department map drafted in 1993 CE. On the latter map, the temple was situated west of Road No 309.

Its period of construction and historical background are unknown.

The site is in geographical coordinates: 14° 21' 51.97" N, 100° 33' 8.53" E.