Wat Noi Nang Hong, or the Little Monastery of Lady Swan, was located on Ayutthaya's city island in the city's eastern area in Pratu Chai Sub-district.

The monastery was situated northeast of Wat Khun Mueang Jai, between Khlong Pratu Jin (1) and Khlong Makham Riang (2).

Historical data about the monastery and its construction are not known.

Wat Noi Nang Hong on the maps:

The monastery shows on a 19th-century map by an unknown surveyor. Wat Khun Khon Jai stood northwest, Wat Trae northeast, Wat Tha Phai southeast and Wat Krabue west. The temple is depicted with a chedi.

The monastery is indicated on Phraya Boran Rachathanin's (PBR) map drafted in 1926 CE. Phraya Boran (1871-1936 CE) was the Superintendent Commissioner of Monthon Ayutthaya from 1925 till 1929 CE but occupied important functions since 1896 CE in Monthon Ayutthaya. Wat Noi Nang Hong stood south of the Pa Thon Road below a parallel canal. Wat Khun Mueang Jai stood southwest.

There is a discrepancy regarding the location of this temple. PBR shows Wat Noi Nang Hong in the position of Wat Pa Takua on the 19th-century map.

The monastery's location shows differently relative to Wat Khun Muang Jai as southeast (19th C map) and northeast (PBR map).

A 2007 GIS Fine Arts Department map indicates the monastery in geographical coordinates: 14° 21' 8.73" N, 100° 34' 19.93" E, which is in a northeast position relative to Wat Khun Mueang Jai.


(1) Khlong Pratu Jin, or the Canal of the Chinese Gate, is part of a waterway running through the middle of Ayutthaya from north to south. The canal ran from the Chikun Bridge to the Chinese water gate (Pratu Jin), one of the eleven water gates at that time and was an extension of Khlong Pratu Khao Pluak. The canal was a shortcut through the oxbow of the Lopburi River and connected the old Lopburi River, present Khlong Mueang in the north with - what is today - the Chao Phraya River in the south. The canal could have been the eastern defence moat of the initial city.

(2) Khlong Makham Riang, or the Canal of the aligned Tamarind Trees, was before called Khlong Nai Kai. It is a still existent canal situated east on Ayutthaya's city island. The canal was a shortcut in the oxbow of the old Lopburi River. It has today its origin at Khlong Ho Ratana Chai below Wat Senasanaram and the Front Palace, and its mouth at the present Chao Phraya River, west of Phet Fortress. At the mouth was one of the eleven water gates of Ayutthaya called Pratu Nai Kai. The southern exit, which has today a water regulator, has been altered. The original mouth of the canal was about 170 metres more south, close to Pom Phet. Khlong Makham Riang is one of the three large canals running north to south, of which two still are in existence.