|WAT KLONG (วัดกลอง)
|Wat Klong or the Monastery of the Drum was located on Ayutthaya's city island
outside the Historical Park in the north-eastern area in Pratu Chai Sub-district.
The monastery was situated on the south bank of a canal linking the (now defunct)
Khlong Pratu Khao Pluak with Khlong Nai Kai, at present called Khlong Makham
Riang. It stood central between the two main canals.
In the north lie along the (old) Lopburi River, presently called Khlong Mueang, Wat Tha
Sai; while on its south-west once stood Wat Jao Ta.
There are no traces anymore visible of the monastery above ground level.
Historical data about the monastery and its construction are unknown. In front of Wat
Klong was a fresh market. 
The site is indicated on a map drafted in the mid-19th century and on Phraya Boran
Rachathanin's map of 1926. The oldest map indicates the existence of a chedi.
Wat Klong was located in Geo Coord: 14° 21' 38.37" N, 100° 34' 13.01" E.
 Markets and Production in the City of Ayutthaya before 1767: Translation and
Analysis of Part of the Description of Ayutthaya - Chris Baker - Journal of the Siam
Society, Vol. 99, 2011 - page 65./ Phanna Phumisathan Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya:
Ekkasan jak ho luang [Geographical description of Ayutthaya: Documents from the
palace]. Edited by Winai Pongsripian. Bangkok: Usakane, n. d.  - page 82.
|Text & maps by Tricky Vandenberg - July 2010
Updated - January 2011, March 2013, December 2014
|(Detail of Phraya Boran Rachathanin's map - Anno
|(Detail of a 19th century map - map is orientated S-N)
|(Detail of a 2007 Fine Arts Department GIS map -
Courtesy of the Fine Arts Department - 3th Region)