Wat Khangkhao, or the Monastery of the Bat, was situated off the city island in the western area of Ayutthaya in the Ban Pom Sub-district. The monastery was west of Wat Tha Ka Rong.

In situ stands a monastic structure, a heavily eroded central base of a chedi.

This monastery does not figure on Phraya Boran Ratchathanin's map drafted in 1926 CE and could, at that time, have been considered as being part of Wat Tha.

Nevertheless, nearby locals, who called it Wat Khangkhao, told us it did not belong to Wat Tha and should be considered a separate monastery.

As seen in the pictures taken in 2009 CE, the ruin stood in an open field.

Today, the field has been concreted to become parking due to the site expansion of Wat Tha Ka Rong, while the ruin has been contained within.

Historical data about the monastery and its construction is unknown.

The site is in geographical coordinates: 14° 21' 28.44" N, 100° 32' 30.07" E.

(The ruined chedi of Wat Khangkhao - July 2009 CE)