Wat Nok, or the Monastery of the Bird, was located in the southwestern area of the city island in the Pratu Chai Sub-district. It was situated in Somdet Phra Sri Nakharin Park, part of the Ayutthaya Historical Park. The site of the former monastery is accessible via U-Thong Road.

The monastery belonged to a cluster of temples located along a canal connecting Wat Luang Chi Krut with Wat Jao Prap, running parallel with the city’s defence wall.

The last traces above the ground level of this temple probably disappeared when the Somdet Phra Sri Nakharin Park was constructed. Only a large grass field remains.

Its historical background and the exact construction period are unknown, although it is very likely that the former monastery was built in the middle Ayutthaya period.

Wat Nok shows on a 19th-century map in a different position as Phraya Boran Rachathanin (PBR) does on his 1926 CE map.

Wat Nok is situated on the oldest map, northwest of Wat Luang Chi Krut, north of the Wang Chai Fortress and northeast (behind) of Khlang Wang Chai (Wat Wang Chai) while on PBR's map Wat Nok is situated east of Wat Wang Chai, in between Wat Sing Sai and Wat Sai Ya. The oldest map indicates no presence of a chedi or a prang.

Wat Nok must have been situated in the approximate geographical coordinates: 14° 20' 29.42" N, 100° 33' 7.11" E.