Wat Saphan Ngoen, or the Monastery of the Silver Bridge, was located on Ayutthaya's city island in the city's eastern part in the Pratu Chai Sub-district.

The monastery was situated at the crossing of Khlong Makham Riang (1) and Pa Thon Road, near the large bridge over the canal called Hua Jaka Bridge. The temple stood on Khlong Makham Riang's west bank, easily accessible via the waterways and on the north side of Pa Thon Road. Wat Khok Rak was northwest, Wat Kraji west, Wat Pa Thon east and Wat Ho Rakhang south.

There are no traces anymore visible of the monastery above ground level.

Historical data about the monastery and its construction are unknown.

The site is indicated on Phraya Boran Rachathanin's map drafted in 1926 CE and was located in approximative geographical coordinates: 14° 21' 15.54" N, 100° 34' 28.64" E.


(1) Khlong Makham Riang, or the Canal of the aligned Tamarind Trees, was before called Khlong Nai Kai. It is a still existent canal situated east on Ayutthaya's city island. The canal was a shortcut in the oxbow of the old Lopburi River. It has today its origin at Khlong Ho Ratana Chai below Wat Senasanaram and the Front Palace, and its mouth at the present Chao Phraya River, west of Phet Fortress. At the mouth was one of the eleven water gates of Ayutthaya called Pratu Nai Kai. The southern exit, which has today a water regulator, has been altered. The original mouth of the canal was about 170 metres more south, close to Pom Phet. Khlong Makham Riang is one of the three large canals running north to south, of which two still are in existence.