No boat traffic was allowed in front of the Grand Palace between the Horse Bathing Landing and the Khan landing. De La Loubère, a French diplomat visiting Siam at the end of the 17th century, wrote:
"The Siamese neither enter into the Vang, nor depart thence without prostrating themselves, and they pass not before the Prassat. And if sometimes the stream of the water carries them, and forces them to pass thereby, they are pelted with showers of pease, which the King's servants shoot over them with trunks." [1]
The whole stretch of water from Wat Sala Pun, east of the boathouse of the royal barges, until the Kalahom Landing was under strict vigilance. Three guard pavilions controlled traffic on the old Lopburi River in front of the palace and handled all events and incidents in that area. All boat traffic not related to the palace was blocked between the guard pavilion in the west, near Wat Sala Pun, and the guard pavilion in the east, probably located opposite the mouth of Lam Khu Pak Sra in the vicinity of the Kalahom Landing (Palace Law). One of these guard pavilions features on a 19th-century map in front of the landing called Tha Sala Wen, in the old texts called Sala Trawen.
The landing is mentioned in the Royal Chronicles of Ayutthaya:
"When it was two nalika and five hat in the afternoon, the Supreme-Holy- Buddhist-Lord-Omnipotent, having finished donning all His gold ornaments and magnificent excellent gold adornments, mounted the Butsabok Rattana Maha Phiman Holy Throne which adorned the center of the Victorious Gold Swan Proceeding in Military Procession Boat, moving in procession made His entrance into the Metropolis and came alongside the Great Wasukri Landing, and paused to cast His holy eyes on the procession accompanying the Holy Buddha figures which was supremely magnificent with all of those premier boats." [2]
The Wasukri landing is not indicated on the 19th-century map, nor on Phraya Boran Ratchathanin's map drafted in 1926 CE.